When you’re deciding on airline credit cards, one of the most important things to think about is the rewards that the card offers. Many cards offer bonus points for using certain services, hitting a certain total spent, and more. The best one for you ultimately depends on which card best fits your needs.
Best Airline Credit Cards
If you have excellent credit and are looking for a great airline card, this one would be a great choice. Anyone that spends $4,000 on purchases within 3 months of opening the account will earn a bonus of 50,000 points.
- Welcome bonus
- Points for airline and hotel partner programs
- Yearly $300 travel credit
- Excellent credit score required
- High APR of 16.99%-23.99%
- High annual fee of $550
This card is a great option for those with good to excellent credit. With a welcome bonus of 60,000 miles for anyone that spends $3,000 on purchases in their first 3 months having the card. It even has a fairly low annual fee of $95.
- 2x rewards on daily purchases
- Miles don’t expire
- No fees on foreign transactions
- Must have good to excellent credit to qualify
- High APR of 17.24%-24.49%
For those looking for a great card that has a sign-on bonus that’s easier to earn, this would be a good choice. To earn the 35,000 bonus miles, you just need to spend $1000 in purchases within the first 3 months of having the card.
- Earn 2x points on food purchases, including supermarkets, delivery, and takeout
- The first bag checked free when you fly with Delta
- The first year is free, and an annual fee only $99 after that
- APR of 15.74-24.74%
Earn 50,000 bonus miles with American Airlines by using the Citi AAdvantage Executive Elite Mastercard. The sign-on bonus is available for those that spend $5,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the account.
- You and 8 traveling companions get the first bag checked for free
- Earn 10,000 miles if you spend $40,000 in the first year
- Earn double points on all eligible American Airlines purchases
- $450 annual fee
The United Explorer Card lets cardholders earn up to 65,000 bonus miles on eligible purchases. The first 40,000 comes from spending $2,000 in the first three months the account is open, with an additional 25,000 coming if $10,000 is spent in the first 6 months. Some of the other perks include priority boarding and 25% back on in-flight purchases.
- 2 miles per dollar at United, restaurants, hotel stays, and delivery services
- 1 mile per dollar on all other purchases
- United Club access
- No blackout dates
- $95 annual fee, though the first year is free